Thursday, June 16, 2005

Well I'll be gosh-darned!

I kind reader just informed me that I have apparently hit the big time (albeit in a small way). Will, the most excellent author of the Clicked blog on MSNBC.com, has linked to me today. Holy crap that's cool. Here are his exact words:
And for the record, that dear reader who sent me the mail about that item a million years ago was Carol. You rock!

No, Will, YOU rock. No I mean it. I'm not fuckin' around. And, needless to say, I'm pleasantly surprised that 1) you actually read AND REMEMBER all your email, and 2) that you took the time to link me. Rock on!

The ultimate point being, there may be some newbies dropping by for commenting. If so, please play nice, and accept them into the fold. So, are we like blog buddies now, Will? 'Cuz that'd be just super cool. You should really let people post comments, because that would be just super cool too - and I'm sure it would cut down on your influx of email. Probably some MSNBC hang-up though - not your fault.

You know what's really weird? I just did a spell check with Blogger because I was certain that I had spelled "apparently" wrong, but wasn't sure what needed to be fixed (turns out that I hadn't, but it sure looks wrong to me - do you ever get that feeling when you stare at a word for too long and it starts to look wrong? Well I guess that's happening to me right now.). Anyway, I find it funny that the word "blog" and "blogger" come up as being spelled wrong on a tool used for blogging. And you know what the suggested replacement word is? "Bloc" - I didn't even know that was a real word.

Now I'm just babbling because I really don't have anything too wonderful and exciting to say right now. I know - it's a bummer, huh? I do want to point to one interesting article posted today on MetaFilter. I found it fascinating. Especially the part where it says:
As she systematically analyzed the brains in her refrigerator

It must be pretty cool to have brains in your fridge, ripe for the analyzing.

In closing, isn't this one of the coolest things you've ever seen? I'm not even a very big Predator fan, and it just blows my mind. How'd you like to run across that guy in a dark alley? Or in a jungle.

That's all....

5 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that when you say this....

So, are we like blog buddies now, Will? 'Cuz that'd be just super cool.

...all I can think of is Van Wilder?

Are you stalking me? Because that would be super.

Color me crazy. Or maybe I just watch that movie too much.

We'll try to play nice with the new visitors. But make sure to check your hit count and see if it increased at all as a result. I'm curious.

-Kevin

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Carol Danvers said...

I LOVE Van Wilder! Haven't watched it in a while, but it's a fun movie. I like stupid movies once in a while.

How does one color someone crazy? I'd like to try it sometime...

Yes, the hit counter is still reeling. I shall let you know when the final numbers come through :) Only a few of them actually stayed around for a bit though... :( Don't they realize that I'm a genius and that soon I will be ruling the world, and if they were to stick around they could be in on the ground floor of my new world domination... oh well *sigh*

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Magazine Man said...

Congrats on your new-found fame (and well deserved it is). I remember when Shane added me to his blogroll at Nickerblog (not the same as being on MSN but I mean, come on! It's Nickerblog!) Felt like I had arrived.

Don't let it go to yer head now. ;-)

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Congrats! You have achieved blog superstardom! :)

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you think I keep coming back for more? I want in on "the ground floor"!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could use magic markers or crayons to color people crazy, mad, happy, pathetic, etc.? I'd love it.

-Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home