Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Okay, now I'm feeling embarrassed for ranting.

I was skimming the New York Times the other day and stopped to read a little bit about the conflict in the Darfur region - I won't link to the exact Op-Ed piece because the stupid NYT requires membership to read, which is really annoying if you aren't a member; suffice it to say that it was a rant geared towards the US government and how Bush has not mentioned the word "Darfur" in 141 days (oh hell,I can't explain it very well, here's the link for those of you who have NYT access) - and it made me feel really guilty about stressing out over my silly, insignificant-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things problems - and submitting you, my very few regular readers, to that baggage. So I apologize.

Nothing to see here, move along...

Footnote: I was checking the news today and saw this announcement on the aforementioned conflict. Wow, that's weird - I had just read an Op-Ed in the NYT about Bush's silence on Darfur and then the very next day, the silence is broken. Interesting... good thing this is not a political blog.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: If anyone surfing through is wondering "How can I help?", you can submit donations at www.darfurgenocide.org (thank you for the link, Mungo!) or www.savedarfur.org.

4 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Mungo Baobab said...

Anyone interested in helping the people of Sudan with this crisis, through donations, petitions, etc should visit www.darfurgenocide.org/

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Carol Danvers said...

Oh, very good mungo - I will update with the info...

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Radioactive Jam said...

If you're browsing with Firefox there's a nice extension available called BugMeNot. This works as an alternative to the usually tedious site registration process.

Back on topic - disturbing article. Guess that means the author is getting the desired effect.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Radioactive Jam said...

Noticed this item today via Google News, couldn't remember if the NYTimes article mentioned it or not.

Also don't know if this is Good, or just big fat hairy deal political posturing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home