Thursday, June 02, 2005

It's Trout Fishing in America time.

Today was a good day. As I was wading through the mountainous pile of spam messages in my Hotmail inbox this afternoon, I came across one piece of mail that was NOT SPAM - joy of joys! What was it, you ask? It was my monthly Trout Fishing in America newsletter. And just what in all tarnation is Trout Fishing in America, you ask? Some sort of club for... well... for trout fishing aficionados? No, silly. It's a musical group. Well, more like a musical duo with occasional guest musicians. Don't laugh, they are cool. Well, maybe not cool so much as talented. And very very very cheesy. Mmmmm, cheese.

Seriously though, Keith and Ezra (love that name - Eeeezzzzrrrrraaaa - it just roles right off the tongue) are a couple of the best bassists and guitarists around. And they are very nice. And I've been listening to their music since I was a kid (they write a lot of kid's music and have even been nominated for a couple of Grammies for it), so it brings on a nice sense of nostalgia when I listen to their music. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to go see them in a while - or even listen to their dulcet tones on CD for that matter, seeing as my parents are hogging all their CDs from me and refuse to adapt to technology enough to burn a couple for their favorite daughter - don't you just hate grumpy old-timers?

Anyway, reading the newsletter reminded me to look on iTunes for them, which I thought was a lost cause, due to that fact that they are nowhere near mainstream. But apparently a lot of their fans are hippy Apple-lovers (not unlike myself), so I guess they were able to get EVERY SONG THEY EVER WROTE OR COVERED (well, pretty much) onto iTunes! Yippeeeeeeee - I'm in the middle of a downloading whirlwind. I don't know how to link to the iTunes store directly, like Shane Nickerson does, but if you have iTunes loaded on your machine (and if you don't, WTF dude?), search for Mandaddy - if I was forced to choose a favorite TFIA song, that would be it. It doesn't really show off their musical prowess quite as well as something like, say, Ode to Big Blue, in which the musical melody is played entirely on Keith's stand-up bass, imitating the sounds of a dying blue whale perfectly - or their cover of Buddy Holly's Not Fade Away - but it is my fav for sentimental reasons (I named my first car Mandaddy). Give them all a listen! And more if you want... and no, I am not being paid to say these things.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If you're not suffering from TFIA overload yet, here's a good review of one of their first albums.

TFIA Forever...

8 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to link directly to iTunes tracks, you must join their affiliate program. Much like Amazon's affiliate program. Here's some more information...

http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/

-K@K.com

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skip that. I just tried to sign up myself so I could do it. You are sent to a site called LinkShare that requires you to register with a Tax ID or SSN so you can be taxed on anything you earn. Linking through iTunes affiliate program earns you "cash" so you can be taxed. Not worth it in my opinion.

-K

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Hello fellow fisherman,

Did you know that 16% of the U.S. population goes fishing at least 16 days a year?

Did you also know that over 75% of the nations fishermen do not fish during "prime time"; fish feeding hours?

Those precious few moments before twilight can be absolutely magical. Even up until 11pm at night, the largest predators of any species feed ravenously.

Don't believe me? Check out Daniel Eggertsen's story, and a picture of a couple of his catches here : "Evening Secrets plus more"

I want you to do me a favor and try it out so I can see what you think of it, and if it works for you as well as it did for me.

You will be one of the first to try it out.

Gone Fishin',

Neil

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Damien said...

Hi. Great site. I'm always looking for fly fishing info and sites to recommend and I have to say that yours is one of the better ones. I'll post again soon.
fly fishing

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous George said...

Hi. I noticed your site by searching for fly fishing for trout. I'm always looking for new pages on fly fishing for trout and you guys might just provide some good info from time to time, so I'll be coming back regularly. Thanks for having such a great site.

 
At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Zachary said...

Hey. I'm looking for a couple of good fly patterns for medium to slow water streams. Any comments?
fly fishing

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous George said...

Hi. I noticed your site by searching for fly fishing for trout. I'm always looking for new pages on fly fishing for trout and you guys might just provide some good info from time to time, so I'll be coming back regularly. Thanks for having such a great site.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Zachary said...

Hi. Great site. I'm always looking for fly fishing info and sites to recommend to my visitors and I have to say that yours is one of the better ones. Out of time, I'll post again soon.
fly fishing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home