Saturday, June 04, 2005

Finger Masturbate Shopping

Sometimes I check my blog stats, just for shits and giggles (I use Sitemeter, which is pretty much useless because most visitors just come up as "unknown" - but it's free, so I can't really complain). I'm not too anal about it - I only check a couple of times a week, mainly to see how people are finding me. Not that very many people are (which is probably a good thing), but it's still a fun way to see the results of the randomness of the world. I don't really wander around the internets and erratically pimp myself out by posting comments on countless other blogs like some people do in order to get traffic - I only post at the ones I truly enjoy reading (and I email to Kevin at kapgar.com because he absolutely refuses to put in a comment feature ;-) - please take note of the wink, Kevin!) - so I like to see what exactly leads people to drop by my little slice of web real estate. Oh, and by the way, there are quite a few other blogs and sites that I enjoy - I'm pretty much all over the place when it comes to browsing, and I should probably start adding them to my links list for others to enjoy as well. It's always fun to read someone else's different take on the same world.

Anyway, the whole purpose of the preceeding paragraph was to announce that someone found me yesterday by typing in "finger masturbate shopping" in a Yahoo search. Surpisingly enough, this blog apparently comes up second (EDIT: Huh, would you look at that, now it's coming up first - how weird is that??!!) when that particular string of words is typed in, but only when using Yahoo. A Google search using the same words doesn't even show it in the first 10 pages. Talk about random. I can't help but wonder what he (or she) was looking for. I'm thinking that they probably didn't find it here. Too bad, but this is just not that kind of blog. FYI: Nothing came up in a GIS (Google Image Search for those of you who hate acronyms) using those words, unfortunately, or I may have posted it here, which would most definitely spice the place up a bit.

In other news, I think I'm going to try this advice on how to become an early riser. I'm addicted to self-help books/tips, but I can never seem to follow through on anything. My sleep patterns are getting way out of hand (for instance, today I didn't get out of bed until 1:30 PM - no joke), and I think a lot of the stress and out-of-control feelings I've been having lately can be helped with better sleep. Hopefully it will lead to better use of my awake time as well.

Speaking of sleep....

7 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Magazine Man said...

Hey, thanks for the link (I'm overdue to update my blogroll myself)! You're always welcome at my place. Just watch out for the crazy birds...

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Radioactive Jam said...

Seems like whatever I type here ought to be off-topic :-P
I read the sleep pattern article and thought, yeah I pretty much follow that already and mostly can't complain. Last night started out typical, I went to bed when I was tired...but couldn't fall asleep. Took over an hour, unusual for me.

Normally the alarm goes off at 4:45. I wake up at 3:30, and I'm *wide* awake. !!! So I get up, figure I'll go to work early. I arrive a little before 6AM...and now I'm bedtime-tired.

This is going to be a loooooooong day.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Carol Danvers said...

4:45!!! Wow. That's early. I don't have to be at work until 9:30, and I have to wake up at 7:30 to accomplish that, with the commute and everything taken into account. And that's early for me - I can't even imagine 4:45! I have an enormous amount of trouble waking up when it's still dark outside, unless I'm going to do something fun like go to Disneyland or go skiing or something. What time do you normally go to sleep at night?

The problem with this plan for me, is that, no matter how tired I am in the daytime, I seem to wake right up around 5:00 PM. And then I don't get tired until like 2:00 AM - seriously. But then when I try to wake up at 7:30 AM, I feel freaking HORRIBLE all day long - until 5:00 PM. And it starts all over again. Ack...

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I must've missed the post about the great Carol Danvers taking part in "finger masturbate shopping." How about a link directly to the post for those of us who are too lazy to find it ourselves? People like me who are too lazy to put up comment options on our blogs.

:P

Plllbbbbtttttttt!!!!

-Kevin

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Demosthenes said...

The alarm goes off at 6:23, I roll around in agony for a couple of minutes and then drag myself to the shower. I'm then all up and ready by 7:00 but don't have to be out the door until half past, so I just sit around staring blankly into space, contemplating my next post and the reason bumblebees can fly. It has its uses.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Carol Danvers said...

Kevin - Yahoo seemed to pick up:

1) my post about the Wendy's chili-finger incident

2) my post about International Masturbation Day

and

3) the blog title

And put them together randomly in order to make it the NUMBER ONE hit for "finger masturbate shopping". I am soooo curious as to what the person was actually searching for...

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! So it actually was innocent. Bummer.

;)

-K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home