Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Is there a cure for procrastination?

So instead of writing last night I watched half of Buffy: Season 2. Until 2 AM. Oh well. I enjoyed myself. Seasons 2 & 3 are the best. I just can't seem to get enough of Angel :) And on that note, I should probably move on before I get completely sidetracked and start drooling all over my keyboard (so much for getting any work done today *slurp*)...

Speaking of procrastination, I came across this link yesterday and was quite amused. Someone put some work into this list, and they are great tips for sure, but if someone has a problem with procrastination (such as yours truly), there is no way this plan will work. Speaking from experience, it will be followed for a maximum of 3 days before it just becomes another task that I may as well do tomorrow. We need some sort of magical pill that makes us believe that TODAY is tomorrow. Or something. It seems that government agencies need this pill as well.

I had fun exploring the Prangstgrup site last night. I'm guessing that it's one of those spontaneous performing arts groups, such as this recent one. I think this falls under the category of people with too much time on their hands, although I suppose it could be some sort of assignment.

The big geek event of the weekend (other than the opening of Sin City, which is a great movie, BTW) was "Midnight Madness" (*echo echo echo*) at Toys R Us and Walmart stores across the nation. This is when geeks unite under the Star Wars banner, even though most of them agree that the first 2 prequels suck and that Lucas has sold his soul to Jar Jar, and break out into spontaneous fisticuffs over the last holographic Yoda in the store. I think that we adults end up frightening the kids with our incredible lust for any and every Star Wars action figure available. Here's a great report from the NYC quadrant. I partook in the madness mainly for this little guy:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

According to the back of the box, Darth Tater was once a promising young Jedi who lost his roots. Together, he and Luke will rule as father and spud. I just liked his little tennis shoes.

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home