Monday, April 11, 2005

I have a serious problem.

I admit it. I have an addictive personality, and Buffy is just not good for me... not good at all. Yes, I've been at it again. Somebody take these DVDs away from me. No, I don't really mean that. I suck at cold turkey.

I found this kick-ass, pimpin' ride the other day while browsing the Alamo Drafthouse site. It seems the cinema sponsors this show called "Chemistry 101" where they throw two complete strangers together on a date and then film it. I guess kinda like Blind Date except more "real". So they rent this freakin' awesome bus for them, buy them dinner and drinks, and maybe some entertainment, and then everyone gets together later to watch the hijinks ensue. Complete with dinner and drinks in the theater. I just want that bus.

Go here for "shocking, weird, hard to find movies" like the Christian Kooks Collection. A friend sent me this link, and I spent a nice chunk of quality Buffy-watching time on it. Speaking of Buffy-watching (as if I needed an excuse), it turns out that the Alamo Drafthouse is also hosting their second "Buffy Sing-a-Long" this coming weekend. Can a movie theater GET any cooler??!! Too bad I don't live in Austin anymore...

Since I'm on a Drafthouse kick at the moment, it seems that these Air Force Academy punks have tried to re-create a classic Drafthouse "Open Screen Night" phenomenon. (See also the one and only Star Wars Kid.) I hate it when people try to re-capture the innocence and magic of once-pure internet hilarity. It's obvious that those Air Force Academy kids are acting, and that the one dancing knew he was being taped. Of course, I could be wrong, but I'll never admit it.

Last, but certainly not least, I was incredibly excited to unearth this little bit of information:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A Spud Trooper to go with my Darth Tater! Coming in November. I just can't get enough of his potato masher gun.

G'night...

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've gotta have a Spudtrooper. Even more than Darth Tater (who I still think should be named Tater Vader). Thanks for the tip.

kapgar.com Commish (too lazy to register an account)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home