Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So, here I am - a Blogging newbie. After quite a few years of reading about blogs and wishing I could do that, I have been inspired by Tony Pierce's 2005 Bloggie award-winning article. My plan for this blog is to provide links to interesting stuff that one doesn't normally run into on an every-day basis. Much along the lines of Fark or Metafilter but with different links and a little more commentary. So many of those same links just get passed back-and-forth through the same old channels that I think there's a need for a fresh perspective. But I'm really doing it for myself so that I can store all my cool links without overwhelming my Bookmarks folder! I'll try to make it interesting and fun for anyone who happens to stop by, but I can't promise anything :) If you're so inclined, leave me comments and post more links - I would love that... anything to expand my horizons - like Johnny 5 , I need more input!! Ocassionally I will throw out my opinions about certain subjects - but not about silly things like politics or religion, which will never give us "true" answers and have been WAY overexposed in the blogging world, IMO. No, no, no - on the contrary, my opinions will be given regarding the important things in life, those that will lead to true enlightenment:

1) MOVIES - Rotten Tomatoes is the best review site because it combines all reviews into one location so that you don't have to go traipsing all over the 'net for info on your fav, and my most oft-read movie site is Ain't It Cool News, not really for the news so much as for the Talkbacks - classic examples of internet arguments - "you're wrong" - "no you're wrong" - "no you're wrong, you child-eating, goat-fucking, Nazi-loving, FAG!!!!!!11!!1" Tune in daily to get your FDA-approved injection of flame wars at their best.

2) TELEVISION - Some of my favorite series: X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and Angel), Alias, Lost, Arrested Development, and Scrubs. Although I don't get a lot of free time to watch TV, I still enjoy these when I can (and especially now that the DVDs of most of the above are widely released).

3) LITERATURE - Especially Fantasy and Horror genres.

4) COLLECTIBLES - Some people call these things "toys", but the figures Sideshow releases are quite literally works of art.... in fact, they do even offer original works of art (There's no way I can afford them, but please allow a geeky girl her dreams!).

5) MUSIC - especially weird off-the-wall stuff like this, which will ultimately prove that Leonard Nimoy is, in fact, an alien.

And finally:

6) PEOPLE WITH ENTIRELY TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS - possibly the most important topic of them all!

Quick intro of myself: All you really need to know about me is that I am female, I like all of the above topics (and more), and you can call me Carol Danvers (AKA Ms. Marvel) 'cuz I like her leotard and boots and she was "born" in the same year as me. I figured that St. Patrick's Day was a great day to start blogging due to the fact that I'm half-Irish. Here's to the "luck o' the Irish"!

So that's the end for today. I'll try to post new and exciting links daily, but no promises!

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home